We appreciate your interest in becoming a member of the St. Charles Sportsmen's Club, one of Illinois’ premier gun club’s. Our club is dedicated to shooting sports, gun safety, fellowship and sportsmanship. We welcome prospective members who share our values for the outdoors and shooting sports and who wish to contribute to our club.
The following steps must be followed to obtain membership effective 4/2/12
NEW Meeting Start Time: 7:30pm on the second Monday of the month
In order to become a member of SCSC applicants must:
- Fill out a current membership application in it's entirety.
- Obtain at least one signature for sponsorship from a current voting member who is in good standing. Sponsor(s) are responsible for the character and conduct of probationary members. The other two sponsors can be recruited at the membership meeting. If you would like to join, but do not know anybody who is a member for sponsorship, you are encouraged to join as a shooting member, get to know some of our members, and ask them to sponsor you.
- Submit a copy of your valid FOID card with your application. It is your responsibility to bring this copy with your application. No copies can be made on the premises.
- Attend a membership meeting held on the 2nd Monday of each month at 7:30 PM at the club house. Bring your application and a copy of your FOID card. Your sponsor must present you to the membership as a prospective member. Your sponsor will be asked to introduce you and you will be asked to tell the membership a little about yourself and answer any questions of the Board of Directors or Club Officers attending the meeting.
- Pay an initiation fee of $300.00 (non-refundable) and a pro-rated membership fee for the balance of the $175.00 annual dues, (non-refundable). Credit cards, checks and cash accepted. Make checks payable to SCSC. Do not mail any applications in: you must apply for membership in person.
- Serve a six (6) month probationary period beginning the month that you are presented to the membership.
- Complete eight (8) work hours of service for the club before the end of your 6 month probationary period. Work hours can only be earned on work Saturdays between 8:00am and 12:00pm, generally on the third Saturday of each month. No exceptions.
- Attend a new member orientation meeting during the 6 month probationary period. Orientation meetings are held every other month, @ 12:30pm on the third Saturday of the month. Check the club calendar for dates. No exceptions.
- Upon being voted in as full member after your 6 month probationary period, you will need to attend a “Machine Training” class, to learn how to load the trap machines, if you would like key’s. After attending this class, you will be eligible to purchase keys for $6.00. Proximity cards can be purchased for $5.00 after the 6 month probationary period, (provided you have been voted in as a full member). Photos for badges are taken on the third Saturday of the month, (work Saturdays, please check calendar to verify).
Once your probationary period begins, we welcome you to use club facilities as if you were a member. Our probationary members are entitled to "member rates" for all shooting activities. Your membership includes your spouse, minor children under 21, (under 24 with college ID) and grandchildren. They must be accompanied by you while on club grounds. There is no sharing of membership badges. At the end of the 6 month probationary period, each probationary member will be voted on by the Board of Directors for final acceptance for membership. Upon successful admittance to our club, (after your 6 month probationary period), you will be eligible for a gate pass and keys. This pass will allow admittance to club grounds and facilities outside of normal club operating hours.
If you come to the membership meeting without…
1. An application filled out in its entirety
2. A copy of your FOID card
3. A sponsor to introduce you, (Full member in good standing)
4. Prepared to pay in full the initiation fee and pro-rated annual dues
….You will be turned away and asked to return the next month with all of the above.
After you are voted in as a full member, annual dues of $175.00 and 8 work hours annually, will be applied. If you choose not to perform your work hours, you will be billed $30.00 per hour.
If you have any questions, please send email to email@example.com.
Download our Membership Application today!